Applications are welcomed from students who are planning to stay abroad either the second half of the year or the first half of the upcoming year (July each year to June of the following year).
For detailed information please refer to the "Charter and Guidelines".
Please apply online for a stay abroad within the period of July 2018 and June 2019 by using the following link.
|Application deadline: || ||May, 31st (CET) 1)|
|Screening of applications: || ||After May, 31st |
|Telephone Interviews: || ||June/July|
|Nomination of applicants: || ||June/July|
|Board of Trustees: || ||July/ August|
|Allocation of the scholarship: || ||August/ September|
|Program Duration: || ||Generally up to 1 semester/max. 1 year|
Please add the following documents (in English) to your application 2):
- Letter of motivation (Why are you applying, what is the purpose of your stay abroad?) incl. potential starting/ending date and the period of the stay abroad (1 page)
- Curriculum Vitae/ Resume (1 page)
- Transcript of records (current grades)
- Description of how you personally have been supporting international exchange by voluntary/ extra-curricular/ off-the-job activities in the past (1 page)
- Overview of estimated costs, incl. indication of sources - only additional costs compared to home country (e.g. flights, university fees, higher cost of living)
- Letter of recommendation by the responsible professor (with reference to the stay abroad)
- Letter of confirmation of the foreign university (with reference to the stay abroad)
- Written confirmation that you meet the funding requirements of the foundation in accordance with § 5 of the Charter of the Heinrich J. Klein Foundation, respectively that you immediately are going to inform the Heinrich J. Klein Foundation, in case that you will receive another commitment or offer of payment (1 page)
Please note: Applications/documents that are going to be received after May, 31st (CET) cannot be considered. For the same reason do not modify your application after this deadline (e.g. uploading or exchanging documents).
Please take also into consideration that the application documents will not be checked as to their completeness; applicants can upload missing documents at any time to their application by using their login until the deadline mentioned above.
Please find enclosed a checklist for your application:
Checklist Application for HJK scholarship.pdf